Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bridge over a Pond of Water Lilies by Monet

 

Claude Monet was a great impressionist. My love for him started because of my mom; she taught me to learn to appreciate his paintings. One of my favorites is Bridge over a Pond of Water Lilies. One of Monet's signatures are water lilies. You can find water lilies in several of his paintings. But this painting is my favorite. In my opinion, he can transmit every thing by this painting. The colors and they way he painted the bridge and the water lilies brings me peace and serenity. It seems that this place was where he rested, where he got inspired. The lilies are what make this painting special. Water lilies seem to be something simple, something a lot of people would not pay attention to. But Monet paints them and the way he does it is spectacular. He makes his audience notice something simple, and he takes it beyond making the audience have a peaceful time looking at his paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment